}  


Daily Quote



Premiere Speakers Bureau - Motivational Speakers for Every Event!

Including

Sean Hannity,
Oliver North,
Ann Coulter,

and more!

Jayhawks on Parade photo gallery

Miserable Failure

What I have Read Lately


Interesting Sayings

Blogroll Me!

Write a review of this Blog at Blogarama

Blogs I like



Archives

May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
July 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
May 2006

Jayhawk

Chiefs
August 02, 2003

Can I See Your ID, Please?

Bob Snow is lucky. If Eddie's had been raided while we were in high school this could be Bob's story. Bob was the youngest and maybe the smartest member of my high school class. In our state at the time a person could get a drink over the bar at age 18. Bob was not 18. He might not have been 17. He looked like he was 15 actually. I was 18. And I was a teetotaler so I lent Bob my photo ID when we all went out for over 18 fun on cold Friday and Saturday nights. The busty barmaids at Eddie's could have cared less whether Bob's ID was valid or not and let him drink and dance the night away. Besides it was dark in the there and the barmaids probably wouldn't have even noticed the oblivous descrepancies. The only light was from beer signs on the walls. Bob was short and I am tall. Bob had nice black hair and I had brown hair (then). Bob was good looking and I wasn't. Careful use of a flashlight by cops would have outted Bob in 3 seconds.

We lived in a small town and there wasn't much else to do but go dancing at Eddie's or get some pizza at Oscar's. (I would have been a perfect designated driver if I had a car and knew how to drive. Poor is not owning a car. My family was poor.) If we had a lawsuit happy society then like we do today Bob would have been sued by Eddie's if the cops would have raided the place and closed them down for selling cold Molsons to underaged Bob. Then Bob wouldn't have made it into Harvard and would be now thinking about retiring after working 40 years at the meat tray plant. But the cops wouldn't have raided Eddie's because they were too busy busting up fights at the French-Canadian hangout downtown. Thank God for drunk French-Canadians. Eh, Bob?

- posted by Mad Jayhawk and Seven @ 8/02/2003 09:47:00 PM    |


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Blogrolling www.blogwise.com