Looking over the carnage on aliberal weblog
I came across a couple of good posts by conservatives who were almost, but not quite piling on the poor people. Will they be read or considered?
A Republicans Ten Point Plan for Democrats
1. Stop making up conspiracy theories about Bush/Repubs.
2. Get out of bed with Hollywood. It hurts more than it helps.
3. Stop trying to go against the will of the people through the court system.
4. Don't undermine the President during the middle of a war.
5. Stop talking/thinking about people who don't agree with you as backward stupid hicks who don't know what's good for them.
6. Don't ever, ever, EVER say you're going to fight a more "sensitive" war on terrorism.
7. Actually do something to help minorities before you lose their vote too.
8. Stop hating.
9. Smile more.
10. Cheer up and realize your values a represented in the country: 1) Abortion is legal, 2) CA approved fetal stem cell research funding, and 3) Government spending is out of control.
Wow - looking at all the vitriole towards the Bush supporters - "anti-intellectuals", "bigots" etc etc. - those great unwashed masses of human beings - rural, christian, middle class etc - these idiots can't be my neighbors can they? And you call yourselves the Democratic party? While Soros the billionaire funds your "grass-roots" movements and your candidates are wined and dined by the Hollywood crowd and the New York socialites. Take a good hard look in the mirror at yourselves is all I can say and when you start acting like the party of the common people you just might have a chance. In the meantime listen to yourselves - you can barely hide your utter DISDAIN for the common man. THAT is what America is hearing loud and clear my friends! And why do we need it from you when we can get it from the French any day of the week?