We can have all the illegals back across the border in 1 year without transporting one human being anywhere. We can stop the flow of illegals across our borders without putting up one more strand of barbed wire. Here's how:
1. Crack down on employers. Big time fines and jail time for corporate officers. Choke off the jobs.
2. Offer a $100,000 reward to anyone who turns in a company that hires illegals and that company is successfully prosecuted.
3. Build detention facilities in the desert with minimum humane facilities and every illegal who gets caught gets a quick trial and a mandatory one year sentence to that detention facility. No more of the shipping-them-back-to-Mexico-sneak-back-in-the-next-day game.
4. Give local law enforcement the training and the right to detain and arrest illegals.
5. Arrest, fine, and jail any heathcare, government employee, or education official who knowingly allows illegals to use their facilities, gain benefits or vote.
6. Arrest, fine, and jail anyone who uses a false ID (Social Security card, birth certificate, or driver's license) to vote or obtain any kind of government assistance or employment for a mandatory 1 year for the first offense and 5 years for the second.
Forget the stupid politics or racial crap or the need for some kind feeling of do-gooder fairness. This is a big-time American problem. We need to solve it and solve it quickly. We are actually being invaded. Most sane people in this country are for immigration of hard working, honest, etc. workers because they realize how benefitial immigration is to the country . But to totally open up our borders and say come on in then not only the borders will be flooded with people but every kind of ship, plane and train from every country on the planet will be pouring in here. This is a recipe for catastrophe of epic proportions.
Another problem that most Americans are not aware of is the return of the Southwestern US to Mexico movement. The movement has radical speakers coming into predominantly Latino schools preaching that to school kids in this country now under the guise of multicultural programs. Hispanic voters already dominate or almost dominate several SW states and could, in 10-20 years, determine who will be president and members of congress very easily. This will happen even faster if the 12 million are legalized and more are allowed into the country illegally.
Our country may have waited too long to address this problem. The problem is not immigration in general or who is immigrating but illegal immigration. It needs to be stopped.